Thursday, February 25, 2010

Better Know A Crafter: Suzan Platzer

Suzan is a very special Fancy Tiger Crafts customer because she is my mom! She received the yarn and pattern for this sweater for Christmas and whipped up this beautifully tweedy sweater in just a few weeks. She is the craftiest lady I know and is always inspiring me with her creative energy!

Suzan Platzer


What kinds of crafts do you do?
I love to spin, knit and weave. I'm crafty because that's what my head does all the time--create.

How did you make your sweater?
I used the 28Thirty pattern from Zephyr Style and knit it in Peace Fleece Worsted Tweed in Baba's Sienna. I got it for Christmas from my daughter and son-in-law. I knitted it longer than the pattern and tapered the waist and used ten horn toggle buttons.


How did you learn to knit?
My daughters, Emily and Amber, taught me to knit and still are my teachers and inspiration.

What is your favorite animal?
Isis, my puppy. She is 14 years old but still a puppy to me!

Thanks Mom! Love you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love that sweater and Suzan!

Alicya said...

your mom is so cute.