Thursday, March 18, 2010

Better Know A Crafter: Claudia Miller

Claudia is one of our favorite ladies around here. She has been a Fancy Tiger sewing instructor since the early days and is always inspiring us with her ideas and craftiness. It brings a smile to our face when she comes into the store with her adorably sweet children in tow--often sporting handmade outfits. She is currently taking some time away from the classroom to celebrate the arrival of the newest member of the Miller family, Miles. We just got to meet him for the first time when Claudia stopped by with big brother, Cowboy John. Little Miles was already cloaked in a cozy blanket of handmade awesomeness! How do you do it, Claudia?!

Claudia Miller


What makes you want to be crafty?
I'm a wife and mom who really enjoys being domestic! I like learning new skills and have a long wish list of things I want to learn to do/make but I especially like to sew.

Tell us about Miles' blanket.
I sewed the "Snuggie Wrap Blanket" from Amy Butler's book "LIttle Stitches". I used flannel and quilting cotton purchased at Fancy Tiger!


How did you learn to sew?

My sewing adventures began in middle school in Home Ec. I continued to sew through college with some help from my mom. I have to give lots of credit to Ms. Darlene who was my sewing teacher at Emily Griffith Opportunity School. She was very helpful in taking the mystery and "fear" out of sewing for me. I have also learned lots from just trying things out on my own.

What is your favorite animal?
Donkeys are so cute!

Thanks Claudia! Happy crafting!

1 comment:

Grace said...

Claudia is one of my dearest friends. How lovely to see her here! Mwah!