Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New! Rural Jardin by French General and Jaime's Rouenneries Quilt!

The new French General is here and it's absolutely stunning! In the Rural Jardin collection Kaari Meng adds soft blues to her 18th century French inspired palette of classic ecru and red.


The coordinating wovens fill me with daydreams of wicker baskets, wine and picnics in the French countryside.


Rural Jardin layer cakes, charm packs and fat quarter bundles are perfect for pretty patchwork quilt projects. Check out Jaime's layer cake quilt below!


I made this queen sized quilt using two layer cakes from the previous French General collection, Rouenneries. This was my first ever quilt and it couldn't have been any easier! I just laid out the pre-cut squares and pieced them together and then I added a simple stripe border. The back is a gorgeous linen bird toile from the Rouenneries collection as well. This is the coziest quilt and only took me a weekend to complete!


Now that I have completed my first quilt I am ready to experiment with some more complicated styles. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Claudia said...

Oooh! Nice job, Jamie!
The quilt bug has hit FT hard, huh!?

coteacher said...

oooo... the toile would be fun to embroider on top à la richard saja. :)