Friday, June 04, 2010

Better Know A Crafter: Sophie

Sophie arrived for one of our teen classes and blew us away with a totally awesome dress she created. The fabric is what really makes it amazing. She chose Midnight Snack by Alexander Henry--a fantastically bright pop art junk food explosion! We love it!

Sophie


Tell us about yourself and what you enjoy about crafting.

I'm 12 years old and in middle school. I like being crafty because it makes you unique! Nobody else will have the same exact thing if you made it.

Tell us about your project.
I made a simple summer dress! It took less than an afternoon to make and was very fun. I used about 1-1/2 yards of fabric and some ribbon.

How did you learn to be so crafty?
My mom showed me how to make my first dress about 2 years ago. My mom is very crafty and makes her own patterns.

What is your favorite animal?
Koala Bears.

Thanks Sophie! Happy sewing!

1 comment:

Jessa said...

Sophie - You are awesome! Nice crafting!