Thursday, January 20, 2011

Better Know A Crafter: Casey Hill

Casey has been coming by pretty frequently, stocking up on supplies for the one of a kind messenger bags that he's making. We think he's the craftiest! He's become a master of repurposing old race numbers, as well as used bar tape and bike chain in place of fabric, trim and bag hardware, and mixing it with new supplies--bicycle prints and cotton webbing--to create these amazing bags.

Casey Hill


1) What makes you want to be crafty?
I enjoy life and work to ride and race. I am crafty to learn how things work. I enjoy all types of crafting, anything that keeps the mind positive.

2) Tell us about the bags you've been making.
I'm sewing messenger bags out of race numbers and bar tape. I didn't use a pattern--I'm still a novice. I just started with grandma's sewing machine and my race numbers and the awesome fabric from Fancy Tiger.

check out the bike chain loops and bar tape trim!

3) How did you learn your crafty skills?
I picked it up through life's journey and grandma, and Fancy Tiger helped me accomplish these projects.

4) What is your favorite animal?
Puma.

Thanks Casey! Happy sewing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I love these bags dude! I wish that I were still at the shop; I'd highjack you for one!
Xoxo,
-Zach

Anonymous said...

Casey is da shit! So cool, these bags are about to be the next big thing!

Anonymous said...

Where can i get a bag?!