Thursday, March 03, 2011

Better Know A Crafter: Tess Hamilton

Tess piqued our curiosity when she asked us to special order loads of orange Lambs Pride bulky for a project. When she came in with this Kraken disguise we almost couldn't handle the awesomeness! She is the most adorable legendary sea monster we have ever seen! The plushies she has been making are pretty dang cute, too.

Tess Hamilton


1) What kinds of crafts do you do?

I knit and crochet.

2) Tell us about the projects you've been making.
I love to knit and crochet plushies. I used patterns from Mochimochi Land and other plush designers. I used Cascade 220 and double pointed needles for them and Lamb's Pride Bulky for the Kracken hat.



3) How did learn to be so crafty?
I learned to knit five years ago with a private teacher. I taught myself to crochet last year.

4) What is your favorite animal?
jellyfish and fancy tigers

Thanks Tess! Happy plushie-makin'!

2 comments:

BeadBag said...

.... Kraken Hat is wonderful! I've read the book but didn't quite imagine it like that - yours is better!

linda said...

These are great, thx for sharing.