Thursday, June 09, 2011

Better Know A Crafter: Marilyn Munsterman

Marilyn recently picked up knitting after a 45 year hiatus. She amazed us with these fancy Victorian style fingerless gloves which she embellished by adding Zing String, a sparkly thread of beads and gemstones, into the lace cuff.

Marilyn Munsterman



1) Tell us about yourself, Marilyn.
I am a retired university librarian. I make handmade books filled with paintings, collages, etc. You can see my work here.

2) Tell us about the fancy fingerless gloves you've made.
I knitted Victorian fingerless gloves and added Zing String to embellish the lace cuffs.



3) How did you pick up your crafty skills?
I learned to knit at age 12 and continued until I was 25. I stopped knitting for 45 years and started again in late 2010.


4) What is your favorite animal?
Cats.

Thanks Marilyn! Happy knitting and bookmaking!

No comments: