Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Amber's Yellowtastic Hazel Dress

Hooray for the Hazel dress!

I am so excited about my most recent sewing project--I just stitched up Colette's Hazel dress and I love it so much.



I have been obsessing on this bright yellow fabric by Anyan for months now, and dreamed it would be an eye-catching summery dress. Hazel caught my eye and I knew it was meant to be!


This fabric is a little heavier than Sarai from Colette recommends, but I think it worked out nicely. It makes the Hazel a bit more crisp and tailored. A lighter lawn or double-gauze would make a cool breezy dress, which would be quite lovely in this midsummer weather.


I give the Hazel two thimbles up!

6 comments:

Rochelle New said...

Wow I LOVE that fabric! I just made a Hazel dress for myself as part of the Colette Patterns sew-along that I co-host. Great pattern!

Karen said...

Amber, this dress is perfection! Love it!

Elena said...

Wow - fantastic! I love the fabric and the pattern. I will have to give it a try.

Christine said...

Gorgeous!!! I have this pattern on my must do list!

AnnieK said...

Lovely!

Grey Squirrel said...

Gorgeous ! Such a flattering design and wow to the fabric. Makes me want to get out of my navy blue rut and add some colour.