Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Caitlin's Miette Cardigan

--caitlin

When I started to work at Fancy Tiger over a year ago I was an experienced seamstress, but I knew I needed to jump on the knitting bandwagon.  I had mastered my knits and purls with many scarves and cowls, but hadn't successfully completed a written pattern until becoming a Tigress.  Feeling inspired by our lovely customers and my co-workers, I picked up some yarn and needles and haven't looked back! 


This is just my second knit sweater and I couldn't be happier with the end product.  It's the Miette Cardigan by Andi Satterlund.  This is a really easy pattern to follow and would be a great project for beginners looking to take the next step to garments.  What's more is it's free so you can save your monies for more yarn!  


I knit this up in just under a month with the Quince & Co. Owl yarn in the color Rosebay.  Owl is an over-dyed alpaca/wool blend that is really delightful to work with.  I'm so happy with how this color shows off the lace detailing!



The pattern is written as a cute cropped cardigan, but I wanted it a bit longer so I repeated the lace repeat 3 times and added a bit of waist shaping.  Now it's the perfect addition to my wardrobe!


Watch out, world!  I think I'm a knitter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caitlin, it looks gorgeous! Your choice of yarn was genius- it lays really nicely, and the color is lovely on you. Way to go! (^_^) I am super jealous and can't wait to make my own!

Anonymous said...

I agree with alsn. That color is beautiful on you!

ben said...

It's nice that I found this blog.
casual meet up sex