Friday, April 04, 2014

Scout Tees for Spring!

I'll admit it, I'm kind of addicted to the Scout Tee pattern from Grainline Studio. The Scout Tee is a loose-fitting tee designed to be made in woven fabrics. Luckily we have no shortage of these here at Fancy Tiger Crafts. The Scout Tee has become my new go-to pattern for cute wovens. It's just so quick to sew up and so comfortable to wear. I can't resist!
Pattern: Scout Tee by Grainline Studio
Fabric: various, 1 7/8 yd
Size Made: 4
Alterations: None - its awesome!
First up is this one, out of my favorite print from the Lizzy House Catnap collection, Cattitude in Raspberry. I love this print and wanted to make something that I knew I would wear a lot - the Scout tee it is! The Scout tee is quick to sew with only three pattern pieces. The set in sleeves go quickly and the neck is finished with bias tape.


Another favorite of mine is Nani Iro's beautiful double gauze fabrics. This particular one was a remnant that I couldn't bear to see go, so I made a Scout tee. I arranged the pattern pieces on this border print fabric on the cross-grain to get the details on the bottom and sleeves. I love it!


We have recently received a lot of yarn-dyed woven fabrics, great staples for any wardrobe. I used a yarn dyed plaid in a soft purple and charcoal for this Scout Tee. I love wearing this simple top with a knit shawl for even more handmade action!


The Scout Tee pattern is currently available directly from Grainline in her webshop. If you decide to sew one up, we have countless fabrics that would make beautiful new tees. I'm sure there will be a lot more of these Scout Tees in my future...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Scout Woven Tee too - I've already made 3 and am planning many more out of the little bits of fabric I always end up with after other projects!

gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Love this. Especially the one in the middle with the remnants on the border.You are tilting the balance to making me crank up my sewing machine and start sewing again.